cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franksteel
Regular Visitor

Desktop Flow works when building but fails when called by Cloud Flow

Hello,

I have a Desktop Flow that logs into QuickBooks Desktop and does some operations after. This flow is successful when building the flow but when I call it as part of a Cloud Flow in unattended mode the log in cannot part be completed. QuickBooks says the username or password is incorrect but they are not. I have tried to change the setting of the Send keys functions I am using for this part of the flow and I can always get it to work when running it directly on the computer. 

Any advice?

franksteel_0-1641503132255.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
franksteel
Regular Visitor

The solution was to replace the Desktop Flow Input variable of Password (with default set to the actual password) and just have the raw string of the password. This seems far from best practice but the flow should not work when building it but fail when being called in Unattended RPA mode. The stress of this not working and breaking a production workflow means I will be slightly less secure now with the hope that this behavior is corrected in a future update.

I "debugged" by taking using the Take Screenshot method in Desktop Flows after each step in the flow, running it Unattended, then going back to see that the password field was not being populated. There has to be a better way to do this I am not aware of, but it worked for me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
franksteel
Regular Visitor

The solution was to replace the Desktop Flow Input variable of Password (with default set to the actual password) and just have the raw string of the password. This seems far from best practice but the flow should not work when building it but fail when being called in Unattended RPA mode. The stress of this not working and breaking a production workflow means I will be slightly less secure now with the hope that this behavior is corrected in a future update.

I "debugged" by taking using the Take Screenshot method in Desktop Flows after each step in the flow, running it Unattended, then going back to see that the password field was not being populated. There has to be a better way to do this I am not aware of, but it worked for me.

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Instead of after each step.  How about an On Error Block which redirects to an Error Flow:

1)Take screenshot and save to file

2) write last error to text file

Then you will get both, and only on an error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,958)