cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dude95

Desktop Gateway Setup - Personal PC on Corporate Power Automate Account

As title suggests - I am working at home on a personal desktop Windows 10 Home machine. I need to use Power Automate based on my corporate account. The gateway seems to be working, based off of the gateway status screen.

Power Automate - Gateway Status.png

I think (I don't know) the failure is at authentication in the online flow to through the gateway to the desktop.  My desktop is in my home and the account I have as the master account to the PC is my personal live account (that's hotmail under a different name).

Power Automate - Credentials.png

I've built a flow in power automate and a flow in the desktop.  From Power Automate, I can see the flow name (called it Test) on the desktop.  However - getting an error on that step.

Power Automate - Flow Error.png

I need to run the flow on the corporate account.  I'm interacting with Sharepoint and Power BI.  I'm not sure I have the right credentials???  I would think it would need my t**@live.com account and password - but that doesn't seem to work?  I don't know a domain\username for this computer?  Am I totally going up the wrong tree?

1 REPLY 1
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Important

You must use the same work or school account to set up the gateway, to sign into Power Automate, and to log into your Windows device.

Trigger a Power Automate Desktop flow from another flow - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,607)