cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
topness
MVP

Desktop UI Flow - Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'

Hi Power Automate team,

 

I'm trying out Desktop UI Flows, using a simple flow that takes a parameter, opens notepad and types it in, then saves the file with a random filename.  I'm able to get the UI Flow to work fine in test mode.  When I try to invoke it from an Instant Flow, it fails with the error shown below (full error message below it).  I have a 2 minute video of the process here:  https://youtu.be/Fl3PMKEDEJU

 

Is this post-release preview jitters or something I'm doing wrong?

 

I'm using a default environment in region North America.

 

uiflow.png

 

{
"error": {
"code": "XrmApiRequestFailed",
"message": "Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'.\nCode: 0x8006088a\nInnerError: Type: Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataUnrecognizedPathException\nMessage: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'.\nStackTrace: at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathParser.CreateDynamicPathSegment(ODataPathSegment previous, String identifier, String parenthesisExpression)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathParser.CreateFirstSegment(String segmentText)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathParser.ParsePath(ICollection`1 segments)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataPathFactory.BindPath(ICollection`1 segments, ODataUriParserConfiguration configuration)\r\n at Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataUriParser.Initialize()\r\n at System.Web.OData.Routing.DefaultODataPathHandler.Parse(String serviceRoot, String odataPath, IServiceProvider requestContainer, Boolean template)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Routing.DefaultODataPathHandler.Parse(String serviceRoot, String odataPath, IServiceProvider requestContainer)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ODataV4.Routing.CrmODataPathHandler.Parse(String serviceRoot, String odataPath, IServiceProvider requestContainer)\nInternalException: '."
}
}

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish it was a more clear message on whether we have access to or not.

 

So I thought all the work I did to record the steps was lost, but I can click click around to "Edit" or "Test" somewhat.Web Flow.pngDesktop Flow.png

arun_ap
New Member

I also get the same error when using UI Flow for Web. Is there any workaround available?

maCs
Regular Visitor

I also get the same error when using UI Flow for Web

Same error here, still. Hope it'll have rolled out soon.

KristianB
Microsoft
Microsoft

Just to support this blog entry. I'm experiencing the same issue. Configured everything like the doc mentioned (Gateway, Connection, etc.) but still getting the error. Testing UI Flow works like a charm but can not trigger it through a Flow. Tested it in two tenants (work & personal environment) and different environments (default and a new created one) and everywhere the same error.

KristianB
Microsoft
Microsoft

I got an answer from a software engineer from Microsoft. You need to create a new environment to avoid this error. This happens only in existing environments and Microsoft is working to backfill existing environments.

Thanks @KristianB I was able to create a new environment and successfully automate a desktop UI Flow from Power Automate.

pmendez
New Member

Me parece que ese error es por un tema de regiónes, el Gateway y la suscrpción de O365 deben estar en la misma región. Hice la siguiente prueba:

 

Cree una nueva suscripción de O365 (Trial) con región de "USA"

Instale On-Premises data gateway

Configure On-Premises data gateway

Ingrese a Power Automate

Cree un nuevo entorno con región de "USA"

Cree un flujo de interfaz de usuario

Luego guarde mi UIFlow

Cree un flujo de automatización desde cero

Desde el flujo de automatización dispare mi UIFlow y todo OK.

 

UIFLOW.PNG

 

UIFLOW.PNG

 

La región del tenant de Office 365 y la región del gateway deben ser iguales

rmcleod45
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same error, 

 

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'.\nCode: 0x8006088a\nInnerError: Type: Microsoft.OData.UriParser.ODataUnrecognizedPathException\nMessage: Resource not found for the segment 'flowsessions'
... etc.
 
Is this the issue that was mentioned about. Old environments still won't have this feature?
In the release it said that all environments would be enabled by the end of November?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,260)