cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitUser1
Frequent Visitor

Desktop flow execution failed. CorrelationId: '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000'

I have encountered this error multiple times over the past few days and am unable to find any information related to this error. What does this error mean?

Below is some information about the process I am running:

This process was initially built with WinAutomation, it works fine. I am redesigning in PAD in hopes of better performance and support. When testing the redesign through the PAD application, it works fine. The issues occurs when executing the desktop flow via a cloud flow action. The process seems to hang up at very different places. Unfortunately, am unable to find which action it is currently executing when started by a cloud flow action like I can with WinAutomation. (Is there a place where we can view the action is it actively processing?)

The process is looping through collection of around 200 records. For each record the application will query a website then perform legecy applicaiton actions. Each action has a On Error method to catch any issue, where it will log a message, and skip to process the next record. Anywhere from 1-76 records into the process, it will hang up for an extended period of time, fail with 'Something went wrong', or 'Desktop flow execution failed'.

*All wait actions have a timeout set at 30seconds.

Summary of failures:
1.  Execution failed after completing actions to print a webpage to PDF via Microsoft PDF to PDF option and before performing actions on a legacy application. (45 records in, Desktop flow execution failed)
2. Execution failed halfway through completing actions on the legacy application. (1 record in, Desktop flow execution failed)

3. Execution paused for extended period of time halfway through legacy application. (~10 records in, Waited ~5min before canceling process)

4. Execution failed after starting first actions on webpage. (5 records in, Something went wrong)

5. Execution failed halfway through completing actions on the legacy application (76 records in, Something went wrong)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kitUser1
Frequent Visitor

Update:

If you are having this issue, check your Windows Event Viewer log.

When testing the redesign through the PAD application, it works fine. 
Not exactly, I was able to reproduce the issue in the PAD application. The while the automation is processing it gets stuck on different actions like 'Focus Window', 'Focus Text Field', or 'Click UI Element'. The automation does not return any error to the console. It simply stops running. 

After reviewing the Windows Event Viewer, I found that the application is erroring out with the exception code: 0xc0000fd. This is a stack overflow exception. (Could this be due to the software attempting to perform the action multiple times without a cap/timeout?) 

Is there a place where we can view the action is it actively processing?
Yes, if you navigate to https://flow.microsoft.com/, under the Monitor section you can view action logs for each run of your desktop flows. Unfortunately, not all logs are shown due to a bug planned to be fixed in the end-of-february release.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Could-not-see-all-logs-of-Desktop-flows/m...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kitUser1
Frequent Visitor

Update:

If you are having this issue, check your Windows Event Viewer log.

When testing the redesign through the PAD application, it works fine. 
Not exactly, I was able to reproduce the issue in the PAD application. The while the automation is processing it gets stuck on different actions like 'Focus Window', 'Focus Text Field', or 'Click UI Element'. The automation does not return any error to the console. It simply stops running. 

After reviewing the Windows Event Viewer, I found that the application is erroring out with the exception code: 0xc0000fd. This is a stack overflow exception. (Could this be due to the software attempting to perform the action multiple times without a cap/timeout?) 

Is there a place where we can view the action is it actively processing?
Yes, if you navigate to https://flow.microsoft.com/, under the Monitor section you can view action logs for each run of your desktop flows. Unfortunately, not all logs are shown due to a bug planned to be fixed in the end-of-february release.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Could-not-see-all-logs-of-Desktop-flows/m...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,262)