cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimYouJun
Regular Visitor

Do I need a license to use the Power Automate Desktop tool in Company?

Hello. I have two question.

1. Do I need a license to use the Power Automate Desktop tool in Company?

(I know that The tool is included in Windows 10 but i am not sure i need licens in company. I don't need Cloud flow, I'll use it only locally.)

2. Can I use PAD on my personal virtual environment Win10 with my personal account?

It cannot be used as a personal account. It can only be created with a company email account....)

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel_NaNoi
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

No you don't need a licence for Power Automate Desktop (PAD), think the guy above me got confused, you'll only need a licence if you're planning on using clouds flows to boot off a PAD automation automatically via some trigger rather than manually. The licence would also be used for sharing PAD automations via solutions, but you can also share them manually with a .txt file (just CTRL+A on your automation, CTRL+C, and CTRL+V into a .txt file, you can then email this to someone else and let them paste it back into PAD)

Also yes you can use PAD on a personal virtual environment with any Microsoft account (even a work one), should not be an issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sundeep_Malik
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

1) Yes you will need a license to use Power Automate Desktop and deploy the flow. While just testing it you can do it without a license but for future, when you deploy it, I will suggest you to buy a license.

Pavel_NaNoi
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

No you don't need a licence for Power Automate Desktop (PAD), think the guy above me got confused, you'll only need a licence if you're planning on using clouds flows to boot off a PAD automation automatically via some trigger rather than manually. The licence would also be used for sharing PAD automations via solutions, but you can also share them manually with a .txt file (just CTRL+A on your automation, CTRL+C, and CTRL+V into a .txt file, you can then email this to someone else and let them paste it back into PAD)

Also yes you can use PAD on a personal virtual environment with any Microsoft account (even a work one), should not be an issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,546)