cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mokshazna
Frequent Visitor

Downloading files from Azure File storage using user's authentication through PAD

Hello there,

I have been working on moving files to my Azure File Storage Account from the PC where my PAD flow is running. I use  run powershell action to do the trick for me with Shared Access Signature access as authentication. It was doing well.

Now I was told when multiple users trying to run the flow in different machines using SAS we would not be able to track who exactly authenticated. So I am looking for any other approach such as AD based authentication so we can identify the user who has moved the files. Note that my solution got PAD flow and it only can use the actions inside it to perform this task.

Any thoughts here are much appreciated!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Mokshazna 

May be you have already checked the technical document below, you have 4 options other than "Shared access signature (SAS)". However, looking at support status of each technology, in reality, it seems that options other than Azure AD can only be used for limited purpose, or does not meet your requirement.

Authorize data operations - Azure Storage | Microsoft Docs

By the way, we have an action "Run PowerShell script" in PAD. So virtually anything you can do with PowerShell is also can do with PAD.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again @Mokshazna 

Document below indicates you can contain account name with signature in the Authorization header of Shared Key access. Sorry if I'm wrong...

Authorize with Shared Key (REST API) - Azure Storage | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,165)