cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nc1
Frequent Visitor

Downloading new tab which is a generated report

I'm currently stuck trying to figure out how to download a generated report. I populate a text field and select a drop-down option, then I proceed to click a button which then generates the requested report in a new tab. PA does not allow me to navigate to this tab because it says it is not a valid URL. Any potential solutions that would allow me to interact with this tab and download it when it pops open?

note: the url extension is .do, I'm not sure if that's what part of the issue is

Update: I have now attached the instance by Title which seems to work, but I can't perform any actions with the UI it seems. Is my best option to script saving the webpage in javascript?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can print that as pdf as mentioned here,

send Ctrl+P to open the print menu and follow that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you're working on Edge, try sending keys Ctrl+Tab (switch to next tab shortcut) to navigate to the tab created.

Not sure how to download the report based on your description, if there's a specific button to be clicked on the new tab or it opens with Edge's standard pdf reader. Either way, i believe you can capture the element and click on it to download or, again, check if there's keyboard shortcuts available and then send the right keys.

nc1
Frequent Visitor

Can I take a similar approach if I am using a chrome instance?

Worth a test. In Chrome, shortcut is Ctrl + Tab or Ctrl + PgDn

ShanKM
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @nc1 ,

have you tried attach the browser window?

if the title is same all time, or if we can build the title using any expressions, then attach running browser will work.

you can try with Title or URL

Attach running instanceAttach running instance

Thanks,

Shan KM

Ahammad_Riyaz
Super User
Super User

Hi @nc1 

I think u can try for attach to running instances

Regards

Ahammad Riyaz

nc1
Frequent Visitor

This worked for navigating to that tab, thank you! Is it possible to then download this page as a pdf if I am using the chrome browser?

You can print that as pdf as mentioned here,

send Ctrl+P to open the print menu and follow that.

nc1
Frequent Visitor

I ended up doing this, then navigating the print menu with key strokes as well. Thanks for your help!

nc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,212)