cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DucoM

Driver letter not to find in powerautomate desktop / network drive

On my desktop a have a drive G: attached to a server \\something-DC-01.something.local\something-Data$. (We use cisco any connect secure mobility client vpn)

I try using the powerautomate "Application" for running C:\Windows\explorer.exe with in the working directory: G:

but G:  is nog recognized and i can not find it either with folder browsing. See picture below. How do i resolve this? I have tried desktop recording as well. While recording G: shows but when executing it does not find the folder.

DucoM_0-1624980521750.png

G: does not show!

Please help me out on this.

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

you should be able to run internet explorer against the long address \\something-DC-01.something.local\something-Data$.

Rkv_
Resolver II
Resolver II

Mapped drive letter will not work in Power Automate Desktop. you can specify the complete Path \\something-DC-01.something.local\something-Data

crelke
Frequent Visitor

@DucoM 
I had a similar problem while having my desktop flows run in unattended mode on different VMs we have configured. Some didn't have the network drives mapped, so we added some PowerShell scripts at the start of the desktop flows to map the drives as a fail safe. Generally, we try to stay away from relying on the short form of the network drive and try to include the full server name, but people do not follow that rule 100% of the time, so this PowerShell script solves that.

This PowerShell script should work:

New-SmbMapping -LocalPath "K:" -RemotePath "\\yournetworkpath"

crelke_0-1625752387835.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,928)