cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeF__
Frequent Visitor

Error: The method or operation is not implemented.

Getting this recurring error for no apparent reason.
I have a desktop flow that pulls data from an excel sheet and parses in a certain way, then stores the data as a datatable in an output variable. (It's just a normal datatable with column headers:)

JoeF___1-1663554366412.png

The flow works 100% fine, except it consistently fails on the last action, regardless of what that action is, with the following error:

System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
   at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Types.TypeAdapters.TypeAdapter`1.ToSerializedValue()
   at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Types.TypeAdapters.DataTableAdapter.ToSerializedValue()
   at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Execution.Runner.TrySetFlowsOutputArguments(ICollection`1 outputVariables)

JoeF___2-1663554434812.png

I know it isn't actually the final action causing the error, as wrapping the final action in an "On block error" doesn't cause any change.

I suspect it's an issue with using a datatable as an output variable, maybe the column headers are causing an issue.
I also can't run the flow from any other flows with the "Run desktop flow" action, it produces the same error:

System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
   at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Types.TypeAdapters.TypeAdapter`1.ToSerializedValue()
   at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Types.TypeAdapters.DataTableAdapter.ToSerializedValue()
   at Microsoft.Flow.RPA.Desktop.Robin.Engine.Execution.Runner.TrySetFlowsOutputArguments(ICollection`1 outputVariables)

Is there a work-around for this or could there be a problem with my flow that I'm not recognising?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

(Duplicate of other reply)
@kmckeon Work around found! (i think)

I believe PAD is throwing a tantrum because of datatypes. As soon as I enabled "get cell as text" it started working fine. My excel file only has text, datetimes, and phone numbers so I'm assuming one of those is causing the issue.

JoeF___0-1664327835985.png

Option 1: Because I'm Australian, I use the superior date format of d/mm/yyyy HH:MM AM/PM, it's receiving "invalid" dates
Option 2: My file has phone numbers formatted with country codes that look like "+61000000000" and the plus sign is screwing it somehow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kmckeon
Regular Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue. Pulling data from an excel file into a data table output variable. The process runs to completion and then throws this error. I have other processes that do all the same things except the database output variable so I suspect that is the root of the problem but I can't seem to figure it out. 

A temporary work around would be to write the new data table into a temporary excel file and have your next process open it, read it, and then delete the temp file. It's not ideal but it would get the data from process A > process B

(Duplicate of other reply)
@kmckeon Work around found! (i think)

I believe PAD is throwing a tantrum because of datatypes. As soon as I enabled "get cell as text" it started working fine. My excel file only has text, datetimes, and phone numbers so I'm assuming one of those is causing the issue.

JoeF___0-1664327835985.png

Option 1: Because I'm Australian, I use the superior date format of d/mm/yyyy HH:MM AM/PM, it's receiving "invalid" dates
Option 2: My file has phone numbers formatted with country codes that look like "+61000000000" and the plus sign is screwing it somehow.

FabianoHallmann

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. Despite the fact that i'm not using Excel as a data source.

I fill a datatable as the flow runs. it crashes When i call the other desktop flow and pass the datatable.

I've tried creating other flows and passing datatables as parameter and it worked.

FabianoHallmann

Thank you all,

As I read the previews answers I realized I was passing a reference to a file in the datatable cell (Files[0]). Once I specified the FullName property (Files[0].FullName) it Worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,769)