Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fjalar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Error using Extract Text with OCR

Hey there support and community heroes! 

So I am following this pretty nice exercise and everything is going nice and smoothly until the Extract Text with OCR action kicks in and errors out:

Fjalar_0-1621523340168.png

I have been trying to find info online regarding this but no luck so far. I was trying to find a way to perhaps install/reinstall MODI but even that doesn't seem to work (Installed MDI to TIFF file converter as mentioned here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30328)

Any ideas? 

Here is the error report:

Failed to activate MODI component in code (has MODI been properly installed?). Original exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {40942A6C-1520-4132-BDF8-BDC1F71F547B} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Robin.BridgeToMODIx86.OCRActionsx86Impl.ExtractTextWithMODI(String sourceImageFilepath, OCRMODILanguage ocrLanguage, Boolean tryIncludeImageInExceptionIfAnErrorOccurs):

Robin.Core.ActionException: Failed to extract text with OCR ---> Robin.Shared.Runtime.ActionException: Failed to activate MODI component in code (has MODI been properly installed?). Original exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {40942A6C-1520-4132-BDF8-BDC1F71F547B} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Robin.BridgeToMODIx86.OCRActionsx86Impl.ExtractTextWithMODI(String sourceImageFilepath, OCRMODILanguage ocrLanguage, Boolean tryIncludeImageInExceptionIfAnErrorOccurs) ---> System.Exception: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {40942A6C-1520-4132-BDF8-BDC1F71F547B} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.OCR.Utilities.Variants.MODIOCREngineFacadeToVariant.PerformServerOperationSafe[T](Func`1 operation)
at Robin.Modules.OCR.Utilities.Variants.MODIOCREngineFacadeToVariant.GetText(List`1 imagePathsToProcess)
at Robin.Modules.OCR.Actions.ExtractTextWithOCRBase.<Execute>b__52_2(String path)
at Robin.Modules.OCR.Utilities.Utilities.SaveImageOnDiskAndExcecute[T](Image image, Func`2 imageProcessor)
at Robin.Modules.OCR.Actions.ExtractTextWithOCRBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.OCR.Actions.ExtractTextWithOCRBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Robin.Runtime.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

3 REPLIES 3
seewo
Frequent Visitor

Upgrage to newest version for PAD and You can perform the initialization directly through the actions that require the engines without using the Create Tesseract OCR engine action:

PIC_2021-05-28_15-35-50.png

Fjalar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes, the Tesseract engine works good. Always good when something works 🙂

The MODI engine has issues, it seems.

Thanks.

henryhvb5
Helper I
Helper I

Now the Tesseract engine is not work after update to 2.14xx version, what should I do ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,972)