cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anurag_R
Frequent Visitor

Extract data from Window UI Flow issue

Hi,

I am trying to extract data from the window which has list of names in a single field (as seen in the screenshot). When I am using the action "Extract data from window" I am able to fetch the data. However, this data is not stored in the data table or a list though variable produced shows- 'The extracted data in the form of a datatable.'

Because of this I am not able to write this data into the excel sheet. Also, when I am directly selecting Store extracted data in Excel, only a part of the data is copied to excel and in a single cell (not as a table or on each row). I have also tried to create a new list so that whatever is stored in variable - "DatafromWindow," I could save them in a list. However, I am getting an error as- Variable 'DataFromWindow' must be a list, datatable or datarow.

Attaching the screenshots for reference. Could anyone please help me to understand how I can extract the data from a window wherein multiple values are stored in a single filed can be saved as a datatable or a list? and then add that data into excel?

Thanks.

Licensee5.jpgLicensee6.jpgLicensee7.jpgLicensee8.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anurag_R
Frequent Visitor

@VJRthanks, I used action- Write text to file option. By this I am able to copy the names in notepad and then write it into excel sheet.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highboy
Super User
Super User

You can create a list by using the Split Action with DataFromWindow as input.

Anurag_R
Frequent Visitor

@Highboythanks for the suggestion. But, I have already tried split action. However, all the values are stored in a single row instead of multiple rows.

Any other way around?

Thanks

Split actionSplit actionTextlistTextlist

Then it must be something else than a "New line" that seperates them...

VJR
Super User
Super User

Its strange to see it is not working with the split on new line as per @Highboy's suggestion.

Also please check if it is really a new line character. This can be checked in a hex-editor (like notepad++).

Anurag_R
Frequent Visitor

@VJRthanks, I used action- Write text to file option. By this I am able to copy the names in notepad and then write it into excel sheet.

Perfect. Thats the way to go.

If your query is resolved you can close the thread. And if not feel free to share.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,580)