cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anurag_R
Frequent Visitor

Extract from Window - UI Automation Error

Hello guys,

I am a beginner and got to know about PA tool recently. As a start, I have watched the video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ_KpBC8fwo and trying to create an automation using UI automation option to extract the data from the word file and write it into the excel file using the loop function. However, I am getting the error- "Extraction failed (failed to get window) on the 'Extract data from Window' action.

I have followed the same steps as mentioned in the video, however, receiving the error. Not sure what is the issue. Could anyone help me with the error? Attached the screenshot.

Thanks.ErrorErrorExtract WindowExtract Window

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@Anurag_R I tried this and faced the same issue, tried for a couple of hours, still could not fix.

Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Looks like you might need to edit the selector of your WINDOW ELEMENT, since it changes with every document. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,297)