cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjd889
Frequent Visitor

Extract text with OCR Loading Issue

I'm having an issue with the Extract text with OCR action. It just gets stuck on that action. I've left it to run for 30 minutes with no result even though it's a pretty simple invoice. There's no error though...

This me trying to replicate a flow in the this training OCR technologies in Power Automate for desktop 

sjd889_0-1664554332942.pngsjd889_1-1664554351609.jpeg

sjd889_2-1664554497830.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel_NaNoi
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Seeing more and more of these OCR bugs coming up, seems like after the engine deprac a lot of things broke. This happens because the Select FIle dialog "hooks" onto the file, preventing the file from being OCR'd, if you try to OCR without selecting a file using that action, your OCR will complete instantly. (just test with the OCR action being on its own, manually selecting the file)

This also occurs for other stupid things such as and not limited to:

- OCR'ing any file and then trying to use any respective file actions with it, e.g. rename file, move file, etc.

- Moving files & then using OCR on them

- Using For loops with OCR ( some logic in them breaks, I don't remember the specifics but it can happen as well)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kaif_Siddique
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes, not working for me as well. Flow gets stuck.

Regards

Kaif

VJR
Super User
Super User

@sjd889 

Produced the output as follows with this action

VJR_0-1664770761205.png

Did not make changes to the Default settings.

Try giving there 1 instead of the 2 you have.

VJR_1-1664770810400.png

I am using PAD version 2.23.114

sjd889
Frequent Visitor

The training tells you to set it to 2 instead of 1, which is why I changed it, but I did try changing it back to 1 (the default) and it's having the same problem. Running for 30 plus minutes at this point, stuck on Extract text with OCR.

I have PAD 2.23.114.22217

Kaif_Siddique
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Its not working.

Flow:

Kaif_Siddique_0-1664820390775.png

Kaif_Siddique_1-1664820416759.png

Version 2.21.262.22194

Regards

Kaif

Pavel_NaNoi
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Seeing more and more of these OCR bugs coming up, seems like after the engine deprac a lot of things broke. This happens because the Select FIle dialog "hooks" onto the file, preventing the file from being OCR'd, if you try to OCR without selecting a file using that action, your OCR will complete instantly. (just test with the OCR action being on its own, manually selecting the file)

This also occurs for other stupid things such as and not limited to:

- OCR'ing any file and then trying to use any respective file actions with it, e.g. rename file, move file, etc.

- Moving files & then using OCR on them

- Using For loops with OCR ( some logic in them breaks, I don't remember the specifics but it can happen as well)

Thanks so much! I removed the "select file" action and it works perfectly. What a silly bug!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,691)