cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil_girish
Frequent Visitor

Failed to assume control of Chrome (Internal error or communication failure).In Launch Chrome Action Powerautomate Desktop

Hi all,

Could any one help me with this error, i tried re-installing extension as well but it doesn't work smoothly.Out of 10 times atleast i face it 7 timesScreenshot (153).png

7 REPLIES 7
PetrosF-MSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Nikhil_girish 

At first I would suggest that you follow the instructions mentioned here.

If the issue persists, please check the below:

1. Is the extension installed in multiple Chrome profiles on the same machine? If yes, then delete from the rest of the profiles and install only on the one you intend to use

2. If any of the below processes is running in the background, stop them as they may interfere with the addon:

1. Google Chrome Installer
  2. Google Crash Handler
  3. Google Installer

3. Run PAD as admin and check if the issue persists

4. Go to %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences and set the "exit_type" parameter to "normal"

5. Make sure that the environmental variable "ComSpec" with value "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" exists on the machine

Hello,

I am still running into similar issues while execution. It works intermittently though.

Robin.Core.ActionException: Failed to Select Option(s) (error in communication with browser). ---> System.Exception: Tab id does not exist
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Robin.Modules.WebAutomation.Actions.SetDropDownListValueBase.Execute(ActionContext context)
at Robin.Runtime.Engine.ActionRunner.RunAction(String action, Dictionary`2 inputArguments, Dictionary`2 outputArguments, IActionStatement statement)

Hi @bsatuluri 

Feel free to follow the instruction as mentioned above, and make sure that you have the latest Browser and addon versions installed.

I hope that helps!

dRautela_1234
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, @PetrosF-MSFT,

I am facing the same issue but on Microsoft edge.

Error- Failed to assume control of Microsoft Edge (Internal error or communication failure. Could you please guide me on how to resolve this issue?.  Waiting for your earliest reply.

Hey @dRautela_1234 ,

You might have got it resolved already. If in case not, please follow the steps mentioned here

Basically you need to add the extension to Edge.

Worked Perfectly! Thanks very much, specifically I think it was Environmental Variable that was my issue. 

Sohil_kazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @Nikhil_girish 

I got a solution to that so you can apply the following steps:

Step 1)Add Power Automate extensions in your browser

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-power-automate/gjgfobnenmnljakmhboildkafdkicala/...extension.png

Step 2) You have to change some settings in Chrome Browser -->

Settings -->Advanced-->System   then

turn off the toggle button for "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed".

Chrome settings.png

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (4,374)