cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victorwc
Frequent Visitor

Failed to save flow in Power Automate Desktop

I am using Power Automate Desktop to create some flow.

But it cannot be saved now.

Error Message: Flow "xxx" failed to save

Correlation ID: d419547a-c69a-4aba-a498-93c68c5d2a2d

victorwc_1-1606281685418.png

Can anyone advise the reason and solution?
I have searched around and found the topic below but it cannot solve my problem because I already have database and already have upgraded my plan.

Also, this problem only happen to Power Automate Desktop.

There is no problem if I use Windows Recorder.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Unable-to-Save-any-UI-flows/td-p/618324

Appreciate your help in advance!!

17 REPLIES 17
PetrosF-MSFT
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @victorwc

Is this an issue that happens with all your desktop flows?

Also, could you check at the Windows Event Logs if there are any logs related to this error?

FrankPri

I face the same issue. My flow runs fine. While saving I get below error, please help on this.

FrankPri_1-1617958497195.png

AdamW
Helper II
Helper II

I am also having this issue.  What exactly should I be looking for in the Event Logs?

ittichai
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue too. It is frustrating that it started with able to save without any issues. After keep adding steps, I got this error. This could happen at any particular step. Disabling or removing recently-added steps did not help. Basically, I will have to start a new flow.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

If you're using a personal Microsoft account, please check if your OneDrive is working fine. Otherwise you might have internet connection issues? Also try to logout/login from/to PAD.

ittichai
Frequent Visitor

I'm using the Enterprise Microsoft 365 account. Log on/off did not help. I even tried on a different machine and got the same error

Project SaveProject Saver.

I can't even do that.  I can't save ANY flows at all.

ittichai
Frequent Visitor

You cannot even do it even no actions or a simple one? I started with able to save then afterward it would fail. Removing recently-added ones would not help.

Nope.  I can't even save a flow with no actions at all.

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Do you have the latest version installed? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2102613

Are all IP addresses reachable? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ip-address-configuration

Backup and clear %localappdata%\Microsoft\Power Automate Desktop

Or Dataverse database issue or policy/permission changes?

ittichai
Frequent Visitor

yes, I'm using the latest version. All IP addresses are reachable. Clearing the localappdata did not help. No Dataverse. Note that I am able to save project when I start a new one and save when adding some actions. At some random # of actions, it will start failing. Removing recently-added actions did not work. 

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You don't have a dataverse database? 

ittichai
Frequent Visitor

I do have a Dataverse database I thought the question is if I'm using Dataverse in my project. If it is a permission issue, why I'm able to save when I create a new project?

Thanks.

CesarRamirez
Helper I
Helper I

Today the same error appeared to me.
It does not seem to be damage in the particular flow, because I closed the flow losing develop, then I opened other past good flows and when trying to save, I get the same error. 😕😐

CesarRamirez_0-1618443759592.png

CesarRamirez
Helper I
Helper I

I installed the latest version 2.7.49.21099 and the error appeared again, after few work time. 😓

ittichai
Frequent Visitor

After further investigation, I found this is the issue that access to some endpoints is blocked by security software (Netskope client), which is required on the work computer to monitor network traffic. I validated this by terminating the Netskope process from Task Manager, I then can save the project. Obviously, the security software will spawn back. 

Permanently, I worked with IT and MS Support to whitelist these Worldwide and All endpoints listed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/ip-address-configuration#desktop-flows-services-requ...

AdamW
Helper II
Helper II

Here is the solution that worked for me. 

PAD Console does not show any flows (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (60,953)