cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Mod

Files and Folder

Hi All,

I am having two problems on Power  Automate Desktop

I have multiple files the problem I am facing is to read the files based on time stamp and move the files to to specific folder

i.e. files dated 21/01/2022 must be moved to Jan folder and 21/02/2022 must be moved to Feb folder

Second problem is to open  multiples files and rename specific content like a find and replace.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @James_Mod 

1. files dated 21/01/2022 must be moved to Jan folder and 21/02/2022 must be moved to Feb folder

- Are you sure your file is dated as 21/01/2022 because slash / is not allowed in a file name

- Doing this will give you the month as Jan and then you can use the Move file action.

VJR_0-1647660237815.png

2. Second problem is to open  multiples files and rename specific content like a find and replace.

- What kind of file is it - Text, Excel, etc?

- If it is Excel there is Find and Replace action for Excel.

If it is a text file, read the contents of the Text file, Use "Replace Text" action and then write back the replaced text variable to the text file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,377)