cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering files through 'Get files in folder ' action in PAD

currently I am working on files using power automate desktop, so I have the folder having 3000+ files(all pdfs) and out of it, I need to retrieve only 187 files (all pdfs) by filtering it by only the first 9 characters of the files (for ex: ABC-1234). the full file names is ABC-1234 v4.0.pdf. 

This first nine characters will be unique for each file. How can I give the filter option in the get files in folder action. Or is there any options available to retrieve the files by partial names ?

Please suggest me. Your help is much needed.

image.png

I want to give it as in screenshot for 187 files in a single field. Looking forward for the solution. 

42 REPLIES 42
burque505
Helper V
Helper V

Great!!! 👍

Glad it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Continuation of the previous discussion, I would like to copy only the files which has the pattern like ABC-1244-ddeee-fsdfsdf-fsdfsd.pdf into a another folder.

I tried giving the actions like below: 

Radhika1_0-1621600457624.png

It says that file to copy not found in line 5. The "Match" contains the file name and so I thought it will copy to the folder I mentioned. Can you suggest the solution for this ?

Thanks

rickyespedido
Regular Visitor

On the file filter column, try putting the first 9 characters in between ** and that will retrieve file names with  *ABC-1234*.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,728)