cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azrael1018
Frequent Visitor

Find and Replace within a PAD flow - like Excel does Find and Replace

I have a number of flows that are retrieving, renaming and saving files to a specific folder on my disk drive.

2 days ago our company switched Tech Companies, they reimaged computers and now my flows do not work.

Problem: I used "Get files in folder" to retrieve most recent file in my Downloads folder which used to be named "C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads". The folder is now named (since reimaging) "C:\Users\yyyyyyyyy\Downloads.

Very tedious to go thru all my flows and change.

Does PAD have a feature to Find and Replace all instances of xxxxx with yyyyyyyyy - within the flow?

Also, not related, why does it take so long to load a flow and save a flow.

Thanks in advance,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

You can cut-paste your actions into Notepad, then replace stuff, then copy-paste back into the flow to have actions with updated variables. But only one subflow at a time...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

You can cut-paste your actions into Notepad, then replace stuff, then copy-paste back into the flow to have actions with updated variables. But only one subflow at a time...

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

No.  What @Henrik_M said is an option.  Do you ever intend to share these flows with other users?

If so, I would take this opportunity to replace your username with %Username% and set %Username% at the beginning of the flow.  That way, if anyone else ever wants to use this flow, they only have to change it in one place instead of looking everywhere for your username.

Also, to help you out, there is a find function (Control + f); unfortunately, just not a replace one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,096)