cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Flow Cannot Connect to Power Automate Desktop

Trying to make a PAD flow that is scheduled to run daily. Have a gateway setup and have the flow setup and running in PAD manually. I setup a scheduled cloud flow and try to add a "Desktop Flow" to it. It has you enter a gateway, domain/user, and password. I keep getting this error no matter what I enter for the "Domain and username" field

Wedge_0-1608680287414.png

The (slightly out of date) documentation for this field online says

Domain and Username: Provide your device account. You can use a local account by using the name of the user (for example, “MACHINENAME\User” or “local\User”), or an Active Directory account such as “DOMAIN\User”.

And I've tried all kinds of combinations of the machine name\user, domain\user, and machine name.domain\user and it can't seem to connect at all.

I don't know if the fact I am logged into one machine and remoting onto another is causing some confusion here? The machine I am remoting into is the one with PAD installed that I am trying to schedule it to run this on. I also don't have admin privileges, so don't know if that would cause this error?

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft
Microsoft

In Task Manager -> Services tab on the target machine, is UIFlowService running? Related troubleshooting steps if it's not (may need admin privileges / IT assistance): Service 'UIFlowService' (UIFlowService) failed to ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Frequent Visitor

As far as I can tell it looks like yes?

Wedge_0-1608834368449.png

Frequent Visitor

If anyone could provide a better example than the documentation gives on how to specify your machine within an Active Directory environment, that would be helpful as well. The documentation just says "MACHINENAME\User" or "DOMAIN\User" and neither of those work. The error message is not helpful either, because it displays this same error even if I enter nonsense in the fields.

I think I need to be able to specify a certain machine and user within the active directory domain, but I'm not certain how to format this. 

Microsoft
Microsoft

@Wedge It'd typically be DOMAIN\User with your domain or "~\User" if there's no domain.

@john-dund Are there any additional troubleshooting steps you'd recommend for this issue?  

Frequent Visitor

So, the documentation is not really explicit enough that you need an On-Premise Gateway installed on the machine you are trying to automate from. It does say "You need the on-premise gateway for your device...", but every other purpose I've seen the On-Premise Gateway is used for, it's typical to have it installed on a dedicated non-user machine. I had assumed this just meant it needs to be accessible in the same way it is for other uses, because you can see your existing gateway on the selection list. It's really confusing that you need an entirely separate local Gateway installation specifically for PAD integration into flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (22,025)