cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shankarlalu
Frequent Visitor

General PAD questions

Hi All,

I have the below queries, kindly let me know if you come across any better solution.

1. While capturing web/UI elements, how to highlight the respective element to make sure that the attribute we modified works fine for the respective web/window/UI element. We have this highlight option in other RPA products but I don't see any such option in PAD.

2. How to implement two-dimensional data structures like Collection / Data table in PAD. I can see only the list here.

3. Do we have work queue functionality in PAD? I don't see any option here. So as per PAD recommendation what are the best approaches to automate the transaction-based processes?

Thanks in advance

Sankarlal M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @shankarlalu 

I have worked on Blue Prism so I can relate to your questions :).

PAD has just been taken over by MSFT from WinAutomation so perhaps it is still in evolving stages.

Below are my views.

1. While capturing web/UI elements, how to highlight the respective element to make sure that the attribute we modified works fine for the respective web/window/UI element. We have this highlight option in other RPA products but I don't see any such option in PAD.

I don't see the highlight feature in PAD.

Perhaps one of the alternatives to use would be to see the preview of the UI element.

Or maybe running the process and seeing whether its working as expected or not.

I know these are not an accurate way of identifying whether the selector has correctly identified an element or not, but this feature is missing right now.

VJR_0-1638501223859.png

2. How to implement two-dimensional data structures like Collection / Data table in PAD. I can see only the list here.

Right now the output of some actions are a DataTable for example: "Read from Excel Worksheet".

But there's nothing to create and write to it directly.

Here is a direct link to a post where a MSFT employee has posted a message that there are plans to add more in FY22

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Create-different-types-of-variables/m-p/7...

3. Do we have work queue functionality in PAD? I don't see any option here. So as per PAD recommendation what are the best approaches to automate the transaction-based processes?

Even the WorkQueue functionality is not present in PAD as of now and multiple members on the forum are talking about the need to have that.

If you have a suggestion or a feature you can submit them here if its not already on the list.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @shankarlalu 

I have worked on Blue Prism so I can relate to your questions :).

PAD has just been taken over by MSFT from WinAutomation so perhaps it is still in evolving stages.

Below are my views.

I don't see the highlight feature in PAD.

Perhaps one of the alternatives to use would be to see the preview of the UI element.

Or maybe running the process and seeing whether its working as expected or not.

I know these are not an accurate way of identifying whether the selector has correctly identified an element or not, but this feature is missing right now.

VJR_0-1638501223859.png

Right now the output of some actions are a DataTable for example: "Read from Excel Worksheet".

But there's nothing to create and write to it directly.

Here is a direct link to a post where a MSFT employee has posted a message that there are plans to add more in FY22

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Desktop/Create-different-types-of-variables/m-p/7...

Even the WorkQueue functionality is not present in PAD as of now and multiple members on the forum are talking about the need to have that.

If you have a suggestion or a feature you can submit them here if its not already on the list.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,062)