cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nuchem
Frequent Visitor

Get last error out action not clearing

I noticed when using the Get last error action in power automate desktop that it's persisting the error from run to run even when I switch on 'clear error'. This causes a perfectly successful run to output an error from a previous unsuccessful run. Has anyone lese noticed this behavior? 

2 REPLIES 2
Zave
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

That option is meant to clear the value of the variable in the same flow and in the same run, there is no persistence between flow runs if that's what you're implying.

Nuchem
Frequent Visitor

So from my experience there seems to be persistence between flow runs. So I see both cases happening. 

1. The flow runs successfully to the end but 'last error' gives me an error value instead of 'No Error'

2. The flow fails but 'last error' gives me a 'No Error' value. But this maybe due to my 'Get last error' actions residing at the very end of the flow so perhaps as soon as the error is thrown (somewhere in the middle) it never gets to this one, last 'Get last error' action. On the other hand, it would be quite cumbersome to have a million 'Get last error actions' strewn around, after every action that may throw an error. 

My advice would be to give, for every action that might throw an error, the ability to set a variable 'with the value of the error that this action threw, so that I can output it for some other triggering flow to get.

For example, now, if I run\trigger a PAD flow with another PAD flow, and something goes wrong in the first PAD flow, the other PAD flow will not get a clear messages as to which action (or variable name) exactly, threw the error (in the same way you can get via Monitor > desktop flows in the power automate portal or even via cloud flow triggers, which are usually more vague than the ones I get in Monitor > Desktop flows.)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,820)