cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajasri
Frequent Visitor

Getting "The communication with the agent launcher service failed." while running desktop flow in unattended mode

Hi all,

I have a scheduled power automate cloud flow which runs a desktop flow in unattended mode provided with a machine connection.

Sometimes, the desktop flow throws "The communication with the agent launcher service failed." error.

Can someone help me regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Highboy
Super User
Super User

Sounds like you service "UIFlowAgentLauncherService" has stopped....
Make sure it restarts in case it crashes.

There are three services on the machine that runs the unattended job, that needs to be running.
UIFlowAgentLauncherService
UIFlowLogShipper
UIFlowService

Rajasri
Frequent Visitor

I have checked on the machine's Task Manager's services list. Didn't find those 3 services listed. Could you assist how to add them? 

I have checked on the machine's Task Manager's services list. Didn't find those 3 services listed. Could you assist how to add them? 

I found those 3 services listed in TaskManager's services and all the three were running.

But where they running when you got the error?

Yes, they were running at that time.

drnimrod
Frequent Visitor

We're seeing this issue "consistently intermittently" if that makes any sense. 

• All services are in running state on each machine
  • Restarting services has not resolved the issue
  • Rebooting the machine resolves

Obviously having to reboot a machine meant to run unattended flows is not optimal.  Is there some bug or other machine setting that is impacting this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,232)