cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aisgbnok

Google Photos not recognized as web page

Hello,

I am new to Power Automate and have been playing around with Power Automate desktop. Last month I successfully created a project that uploads videos to Youtube and fills out details based on the file's name. I did this using lots of "Web Automation" like creating a chrome instance, checking for UI elements, clicking UI element buttons, and even using Tesseract OCR.

Today I have been trying to do something similar with Google Photos. I am trying to build a project that goes photo by photo, looks for specific file names, and ensures the photo date corresponds to the file name's given photo date. Anyway, the Google Photos website is not recognized correctly using the "Web recorder" or "Add UI element" feature. I can add UI elements; however, they seem to be classified as a "Pane" and not a "Web Page."

Aisgbnok_0-1620096159904.png

As you can see in the above image, I have added UI elements like Text and Buttons; however, when trying to send a button press, the dialog states that there are no UI Elements to choose from. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Oh, one last thing. I deleted and recreated this project just to see if it was some type of project corruption. I also added UI elements from another website like YouTube and it works. Here is the photo of that.

Aisgbnok_0-1620096484319.png

As you can see, UI Elements from Youtube register correctly, however Google Photos UI elements don't. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Henrik_M
Super User
Super User

Interesting! Just tested, and my experience is the same.

Seems that you can use regular Windows UI actions to click around though. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,708)