cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlloyBoyShark
Frequent Visitor

Help on clicking/opening GMail messages

Good day.

I'm currently automating GMail website and I need to open a message based on its displayed text.

AlloyBoyShark_0-1665771088883.png

I don't have a problem on getting the texts, I'm having a hard time creating the right selector/element that consists the underlined texts.

Hopefully you can help me.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Jamar_Forsythe
Microsoft
Microsoft

I'm not too sure I follow, what are you trying to achieve?

If you are just trying to read those elements into a variable using the "Get details of an element" and even the "Extract data from webpage" actions can get you the text.

VJR
Super User
Super User

Use the Email related actions available in PAD versus using UI automation for Gmail.

Jamar_Forsythe
Microsoft
Microsoft

As @VJR mentioned, you may have better results using the dedicated email actions, here are some options using Cloud Flow as well as Desktop Flow.

Gmail - Connectors | Microsoft Learn
Email - Power Automate Desktop | Microsoft Learn

AlloyBoyShark
Frequent Visitor

For context, here are the actual steps needed to be taken by the Robot.

1. Check for new Google Alerts (Done) --> Outputs 'Email Messages'
  2. If there's any, Login to GMail (Done)
  3. Using Email Messages' Sender, Subject, MiniHeader, the Bot needs to Open the target Google Alerts
  4. Extract Google Alert's message in tabular form (Done)
  5. Pass the extracted data to the next process (Done)

Sample of Google Alerts Message

AlloyBoyShark_0-1666020253995.png

Now, the reason I need to open the actual Google Alerts is because the message needs to be extracted in tabular form and I don't know if it can be done using other built in functions but I have already done it using the "Extract Data from Webpage"' action.

My problem is I cannot click my target messages from the Inbox as I'm having a hard time making the right selector. The selector needs to include the Sender=Google Alerts, Subject=Merger (ie), Mini Header, and Datetime received.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,119)