cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PentaGalDad77
Frequent Visitor

How can PAD ensure OneDrive is synced?

I alluded to this issue in an earlier post. Posting again here with a more specific question.

My PAD flow is reading an excel file that is synced locally from OneDrive. Problem is my PAD flow sometimes reads the file before it is fully synced. It has been suggested that I code PAD to click on OneDrive, read the window, and look for the text "OneDrive is up to date". This seems simple enough but I can't seem to code it in PAD. When I capture the UI element it is known as "> button[Name="OneDrive - <CompanyName> Up to date"]". So I guess the UI element is know as something else while syncing. Anyway I can't figure out the sequence that can reliably tell me OneDrive is fully synced. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PentaGalDad77
Frequent Visitor

Finally figured it out. Kudos to John_A at this Q&A.

Forget trying to ensure OneDrive is in sync. Just read the file from the cloud (OneDrive or SharePoint). My speedbump: PAD doesn't like percent signs in file paths. Must escape them with another percent sign. Off to the races again... 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PentaGalDad77
Frequent Visitor

Finally figured it out. Kudos to John_A at this Q&A.

Forget trying to ensure OneDrive is in sync. Just read the file from the cloud (OneDrive or SharePoint). My speedbump: PAD doesn't like percent signs in file paths. Must escape them with another percent sign. Off to the races again... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,499)