cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimmK
Helper I
Helper I

How does Sharing a Desktop Flow Work?

I have created a desktop flow and want to share it with my colleagues.

If I understand correctly I must create a cloud flow and integrate the desktop flow in it. Then click on share and add the colleague. Is this correct? If my colleague starts the flow, is it then running on my computer or the computer of my colleague? Does my colleague need to download Power Automate Desktop?

What kind of license do my colleagues need who only want to run my flow?

2 REPLIES 2
joshd111
Resolver I
Resolver I

No need to create a new flow. Just go "My Flows" in your browser and then click "Desktop flows". Then locate your flow from the list and click the icon for "share". If you want your friend to be able to run in the debugger, make sure to allow him/her editing access level. NOTE: any change the friend makes will change yours as well, since you are sharing.

After sharing, the friend will be able to run the flow on his/her computer.

You can also share using "Solutions" packaging from the same page. This would make a zip file which is a copy of your flow suitable for distribution.

TimmK
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you, Josh. So if I understand this correctly, I simply need to look for the desktop flow in my browser and click on share.

So I assume that my colleague also needs to download Power Automate Desktop - and after sharing my desktop flow it will appear in Power Automate Desktop of my colleague?

However, our IT admin does not want that other employees have general access to our DB and all its data. They should only be able to run the desktop flows (which contain data from our DB) that I have created, but not create or edit their own flows. Is this possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (44,808)