Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ancorte
Helper II
Helper II

How exctract and download file from a table in a web page

Hello,

i've made a desktop flow with success, but now i have to download the file from a web page that containa table like this:

ancorte_0-1642936078981.png

i don't know how many files will be present in the table, and i think that i have use variable but it's the first time that i have to afford this problem. In the red adrea thera the button to download the file.

Thanks for the help.

7 REPLIES 7
Henrik_M
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Check this documentation out: Automation in the web - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Your download links will probably have a src attribute that you can extract, and then use in a download from web action (by looping through the table)

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

I would try @Henrik_M‘s way first. But if you can’t get the web elements to work, I do something similar by using Send Lrys where I {Tab} to each download icon and {Enter} to select the icon. 

Hello Henrik, the problem is that I'm new in this situation, and so I have difficulty extracting the elements. Is there some suggestion or some explications about extracting all this kind of information?

Hello,

now i'm able to exctract the data table, that has this format :

ancorte_0-1643455430090.png

The link "Dettaglio Fattura" is the link that open another web page : in this web page there is the link to download.

So i ave to enter in the single web page (that is different for every row in the table) and after download the file....

Too much difficult for me !!! Anyone that can give me some suggestione ? Thanks in advance. antonio

Henrik_M
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi Antonio

When the extraction helper is open, open advanced settings, then change the extration property on the last column (your "Dettaglio Fattura") to src/source instead of Own text.

Hi Enrik, after 3 weeks of hard wok, now i'm trying to resolve the problem. Some questions:

That is the table:

ancorte_0-1645215469638.png

The number of  rows of the table could be different, and the link at the right open a page in which i can download the file.

1. For extract the data from a table which kind of istance ? I use "obtain details of element of a web page", but i can choose "Own Text",  "Source Link",  "Href" etc...... Which is the right value ? Own text give me an error.

2. And after ? i have to make a loop to push  every element on the right of the table (in the red circle) to open the page and extract the file....

I'm very sorry, but it's difficult for me to move on at this point.

Antonio

Hi, now i'm in this situation:

ancorte_1-1645217966721.png

With "extract data" i has been able to put all the links in a variable: so i have a table with the "href" for all the page where i can download the files : now is it correct use a variable or should i use an excel ? and after ?

Thanks for all your help

Antonio

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,220)