Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominono9
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to UNION csv by DOS command action

Hi 

The expected result is 12 rows instead of 6 rows. Also, I want the header only at the beginning, but I don't know how to do that. thank you for reading.

dominono9_1-1659517273754.png

dominono9_0-1659517259996.png

1 REPLY 1
LogicSmith
Resolver I
Resolver I

If it were me, I would read the two CSVs into lists, one line per list item. Create a new list, copy item one into new list (that's the header line). Now copy the next three lines into the new list. Then, on the other list, copy in lines 2, 3, and 4. Finally, write the new list to a new CSV file.

If you wanted to get fancy, you can write an algorithm that will step through both files, checking each line, and writing them in some kind of order (i.e. a sort or merge).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,849)