cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talormanda

How to backup / export flows?

Using Windows 11 with version 2.16.00306.22020, there is no way to backup or export flows. If I wipe my computer, how do I get these back? There is no way to save them.

6 REPLIES 6
Guriga
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 

There isn't an integrated backup/export solution.

The best way right now: 

Open your flow. Select all the steps CTRL+C.

Open notepad and CTRL+V. Save it.

In the system, you need to create a new flow and simply just paste the saved steps into the new flow.

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my answer helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That is awful user-experience. What the heck?

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

I can't imagine that they would have taken this ability away.  It uses the online Power Apps website (which comes with your subscription to office) to Save all flows to a "Solution" on the Power Apps website.  Then you can download them from there should you need to recover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfe7yPdGUCE&t=171s

I am not using any subscription so I have nothing in the cloud to download or export to.

You are absolutely right.
Hopefully, MS give us a better solution in the near future.

no...check out the youtube...no subscription needed.  If you have Power Automate Desktop on your local machine, then you have office and can access the online site with some functionality.  Solutions is one of them.  We don't pay for anything but Office, and I can share my flows with my boss using this method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,756)