Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radhika1
Helper III
Helper III

How to delete a particular cell in the excel using PAD

Hi,

I want to delete a particular cell in the excel using PAD.

In PAD, we have delete row and delete column action, but how to delete a particular cell in the excel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
burque505
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Radhika1, this action will write an empty string into a cell, replacing what was in the cell.

This is the notation for an empty string, might not be visible in the screenshot:

%""%

delete_cell.PNG

Before:

before.PNG

After:

after.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
burque505
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Radhika1, this action will write an empty string into a cell, replacing what was in the cell.

This is the notation for an empty string, might not be visible in the screenshot:

%""%

delete_cell.PNG

Before:

before.PNG

After:

after.PNG

View solution in original post

Actually, I want to delete the selected cell and shifts up the cell value.

burque505
Helper V
Helper V

shift-flow.PNGshift-flow.PNG

Before:

start.PNG

After:

finish.PNG

This has the effect of deleting 2B and shifting 3B, 4B and 5B up, but what's really happening is 3B through 5B are written into the column starting at 2B, and then 5B is deleted.

It is working, but when I write the value " in the write to excel worksheet action, it is not displaying as empty cell, it is displaying like " in the cell.

Radhika1_0-1618471459366.png

Just as in the post farther above, you need to write this into the cell for an empty string:

%""%

Or you can write this, as PAD will translate what you wrote above into this:

%''%

What you see in the screenshot in the flow is how PAD displays this line, i.e. minus the surrounding '%' s.

You can also see from my screenshots that the target cell does, in fact, display as empty.

yes, got it thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (40,379)