Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattlin
Regular Visitor

How to get a attribute of UI element?

Hi Community,
I have a problem with my ongoing case.

When adding UI elements in Chorme, the whole webpage will be identified as a document.
When adding UI elements in Edge, the login function will be identified as a iframe.
I can't control UI element to login.

But the webpage can be logged in with IE. I can add the whloe webpage as a UI element, and see an attribute names authkey. If I get the authkey after everytime I logged in, I can add it to the URL of Chrome or Edge, and then I can proceed to the next steps.

Is there any function to get the attributes(authkey) of UI elements?

3 REPLIES 3
Ahammad_Riyaz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @mattlin ,

Please check weather extension is done in chrome or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Usually when it's not possible to capture UI elements (when dealing with iframes, for instance), the best approach IMHO is using a mix of navigating by images to select fields (using desktop recorder with images) and 'Send Keys' actions to fill them.

See, as reference, Images - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Long term I think it's more trustworthy than depend on IE, a browser that will go out of support in 2022.

Also, you can try the alternatives presented in this page: Handle iframes on a web page - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Hi Ahammad_Riyaz,

The extension of Chrome has done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,074)