cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwavell

How to pass data between desktop flow and cloud flow?

I have created a desktop flow that captures a table of information from a website. I would like to push this to a Power App table and then use a Cloud Flow to act on this data. Is this possible? Is there a better way to pass this table data to a cloud flow?

3 REPLIES 3
bwavell

I discovered I can send output variables from desktop to cloud. Although it appears to only be basic types. The CustomObject to JSON does not work on a DataTable so I have to manually convert to JSON with string appending and magic to replace new lines and quotes etc… Can at least then just parse the JSON in Cloud. 

I had hoped the data connector would allow a desktop flow to update a cloud database so the DB could be used for complex data passing. 

chilismaug

I have the same question, except to pass a list of values from a cloud flow to a desktop flow. It would be great to pass a list or datatable variable as an input variable to a desktop flow.

Maybe MS intends us to use Dataverse for this kind of thing? 

Hi @bwavell ,

First u need to call in powerapps for flows,

in tat flow create a select ur destop flows,

in desktop pad create output variable nd pass ur data

while selecting desktop flow in cloud u will get tat variable names wat u created in pad.

pass it into powerapps in respond option,

again after ur process if u need u can call cloud flow nd update as per ur requirements,

so tat u need to call u cloud flows,one is for extract data, second as per ur 2nd requirements.

Capture.PNG

If it works please mark it as a solution ,and like it from that it will help for others also.

Regards,

Ahammad Riyaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,654)