cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldedb
Regular Visitor

How to run 1 instance of any automated cloud triggered Dektop Flow at a time

Is there a way to set up so that only 1 Desktop Flow runs at any given time? 

I have 3 cloud flows that all monitor their own respective dropbox folder for changes.  Upon changes they trigger a specific desktop Flow that parses a json, launches excel and cleans data via power query, then copies and pastes each tabs data in to a respective google sheet tab.  The flows break if there are more than 1 of them running at the same time.  All 3 desktop Flows reside on the same machine.

2 REPLIES 2
Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@oldedb On your trigger,
Click the 3 dots,
Now click settings.
Enable concurrency, and set it’s value to 1.
For more clarification refer this: https://flowaltdelete.ca/2020/09/28/power-automate-limit-runs-to-trigger-one-at-a-time/

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Ankesh

--------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I have enabled that but it appears to only limit one instance at a time of that specific flow.  I have 3 different flows triggered by 3 different cloud automated triggers.  I am trying to prevent Flow A and Flow B from running at the same time.  I believe your suggestion limits Flow A from running multiple times concurrently?

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,418)