cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldedb
Regular Visitor

How to run 1 instance of any automated cloud triggered Dektop Flow at a time

Is there a way to set up so that only 1 Desktop Flow runs at any given time? 

I have 3 cloud flows that all monitor their own respective dropbox folder for changes.  Upon changes they trigger a specific desktop Flow that parses a json, launches excel and cleans data via power query, then copies and pastes each tabs data in to a respective google sheet tab.  The flows break if there are more than 1 of them running at the same time.  All 3 desktop Flows reside on the same machine.

2 REPLIES 2
Ankesh_49
Super User
Super User

@oldedb On your trigger,
Click the 3 dots,
Now click settings.
Enable concurrency, and set it’s value to 1.
For more clarification refer this: https://flowaltdelete.ca/2020/09/28/power-automate-limit-runs-to-trigger-one-at-a-time/

Hope it helps!!

Cheers,

Ankesh

--------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I have enabled that but it appears to only limit one instance at a time of that specific flow.  I have 3 different flows triggered by 3 different cloud automated triggers.  I am trying to prevent Flow A and Flow B from running at the same time.  I believe your suggestion limits Flow A from running multiple times concurrently?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,471)