Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAWL
Super User
Super User

How to run Power Automate Desktop

Dear All,

I am creating a scheduled Flow to run Power Automate Desktop Flow. The flow ran perfectly fine except if I accidentally moved the mouse or if I was using the mouse to do other stuff. How to run the Desktop flow in the background where I can still do other stuff at the same time without disrupting the Desktop Flow?

P.S. I guess most of you can understand my issue without any screen shot 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

@JAWL You cannot if the robot needs to perform mouse clicks or keyboard presses. In your case you should let the robot run and go for coffee OR move the process to another computer and run it unattended. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

@JAWL You cannot if the robot needs to perform mouse clicks or keyboard presses. In your case you should let the robot run and go for coffee OR move the process to another computer and run it unattended. 

MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

Agreed.  If you have a paid subscription you can run on a virtual machine, but this causes its own set of problems such as environments, gateways, etc.  I agree with @MichaelBoruta and had my IT setup an entire separate computer for the ones I wanted to run "unattended".

Hi @MichaelBoruta, I guess make the flow as unattended mode is the fix (but need to fork out some additional license cost to be able to run unattended flow).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,034)