cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HadiAyoub

How to run a flow in another desktop?

Hello,

I wrote a flow and I want to run it in another laptop, is that possible? and how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Power Participant
Power Participant

If you have a paid subscription (or a free trial) you should be able to do it from anywhere as long as you are logged into flow. 

If you don't (like me)...here is your workaround, I think...I've never actually tested it.

Open the Flow in Pad.  For each subflow (including Main), Select All->Copy, Open Notepad, Paste.  You will see the text code version of what you copied out of PAD.  Send the text file(s) to the laptop.

Open PAD in the laptop, create the flow, create each subflow, copy the text files and paste them in each respective subflow.  You should be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MichaelAnnis
Power Participant
Power Participant

If you have a paid subscription (or a free trial) you should be able to do it from anywhere as long as you are logged into flow. 

If you don't (like me)...here is your workaround, I think...I've never actually tested it.

Open the Flow in Pad.  For each subflow (including Main), Select All->Copy, Open Notepad, Paste.  You will see the text code version of what you copied out of PAD.  Send the text file(s) to the laptop.

Open PAD in the laptop, create the flow, create each subflow, copy the text files and paste them in each respective subflow.  You should be good to go.

View solution in original post

It worked! Thank you a lot

That's great news!  I've had the theory for a couple of weeks, but never actually tested it.  Grats!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,763)