cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harshal_K

How to share and export of Power automate desktop in production environment

How do we move power automate desktop bots from one machine to another machine?

Also how we can achieve production movement of Power automate desktop from dev to UAT and then production etc?

We have not found the way to share desktop flow with other users or environment.

Please guide on above 2 points.

here is a screenshot.

Harshal_K_0-1609909506747.png

35 REPLIES 35
Ahammad_Riyaz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Harshal_K 

U can do it, u hav solutions option here u can add desktop flows nd here u can export , import, share option available 

Regards

Ahammad Riyaz

AshleyPettit
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks, using 'Solution' in the online part of power automate allowed me to export and import all my desktop workflows.

This was exactly what I was looking for. It worked perfectly!

you're a genius! 

I am amazed that this actually worked, very nice. Thank you.

YES! That works like a charm

This method didn't work in my case, all the UI elements went missing when pasted on my collegeue's PAD. Having trouble for a while now, because it seems like everyone on forum did not have such issues 😕

It didn't work for me too well at first (and I still struggle with exactly where to paste) but when I first pasted into Notepad and then copied from there and then into Power Automate it worked. 

I did the exact same steps as you did, but for my case all the UI elements were missing. (It works fine if I pasted it on the my PAD, but gives errors when pasted it on my collegue's PAD)

Lawrenceiow
Frequent Visitor

Apologies, @syaman , I don't know what else to suggest. I copied my content into Notepad and saved the txt file. A colleague then opened that txt file and successfully pasted into their Desktop version of Power Automate. I have assumed that you and your colleague are using the same version as each other.

laurencedean

It appears that if you open the desktop flow, select all and copy all the contents of the desktop flow into a word or notepad file. You can then paste it back into a new desktop flow and it appears to rebuild the flow correctly.

Clearly you can then save the word or notepad document for a later date.

shubhamku

how to move flows from shared with me to desktop

Lawrenceiow
Frequent Visitor

@shubhamku  Are you asking how to take a flow that has been shared with you in the web version of Power Automate and put it into the Desktop version of Power Automate?

what about images ?

i am asking ,how can we convert flows from 'shared with me' to 'desktop flow'

All you need to do is use Save As. This will save it as a desktop flow that will be only yours and not shared.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,905)