cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rikuto777

I don't know how to use "Licence by user Per-user plan with attended RPA" and "Unattended RPA add-on".

I don't know how to use "Licence by user
Per-user plan with attended RPA" and "Unattended RPA add-on".

The image of the non-attended type is that it runs unattended and is used when you want to execute a flow without the user logging into the PC.
However, since the Attended plan allows for triggered and scheduled execution, although the user has to log in
So, even though the user has to log in, if you use the above functions, it looks like the flow is being executed unattended, so isn't that non-attended? I'm not sure if this is a non-attendee or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel_NaNoi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Its a bit confusing but this makes way more sense once you start delving into working with virtual machines, the unattended addon is basically there to log you into a virtual machine running PAD, it would work even when your computer is off as it will be doing everything in the azure cloud.  Honestly though it is a bit of a rip-off, 150$ to just log you into a virtual machine without your input.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel_NaNoi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Its a bit confusing but this makes way more sense once you start delving into working with virtual machines, the unattended addon is basically there to log you into a virtual machine running PAD, it would work even when your computer is off as it will be doing everything in the azure cloud.  Honestly though it is a bit of a rip-off, 150$ to just log you into a virtual machine without your input.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your answer.
I understood that the non-attended plan is just to automate the login to the virtual machine.
By the way, what do you mean by "run everything in the Azure cloud"?
For example, if I want to automate an internal application installed on a PC terminal, doesn't that mean I need to create a similar environment on an Azure virtual machine and execute the flow?
If you don't mind, can you share a website that explains the content of "Run everything in Azure Cloud"?

Apologies as I've just assumed you know, I do that sometimes by accident like a twig ^^|

Now, I've only got experience with azure based virtual machines thus far so I'm not the best on this topic, but essentially you, yes, create an exact environment of your automation on the virtual machine (which would mostly just require you downloading software such as PAD)

once that is done, you connect your Power Automate cloud to that virtual machine by way of the gateway or their new premium Machine feature.

After that is done power automate has its own built in azure VM actions such as turning a VM on and turning it off and if this is all done with a trigger e.g. an email comes in, power automate will  do the entire automation for you on its own in the azure cloud, your PC doesn't even need to be turned on as the automation is done on the azure VM cloud if that makes sense.

I do have a link from a guy who excels in power automate, though its a bit out-dated, some of the things he does there are now unnecessary such as creating your own power automate azure actions. 

https://www.flowjoe.io/2020/03/31/using-azure-vms-to-run-ui-flows-rpa/

Hope this helps! 

Thank you for your thoughtful response.
It was very helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,736)