cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDM_Music

I want to make a flow to change Audio output Device

So, I want to basically make a audio device switcher in windows 11. so, in windows 11 you change the audio device by pressing windows + A.

brave_n6ofwIW6Tx.png

then the arrow next to the volume slider

brave_XiGXo58swg.png

And then Clicking on the device name

brave_ttFKJwWCXq.png

I recorded my steps but when playing them back, I got error :-

PAD.Designer_eFs4oirkWO.png

I am a beginner so, I need help to fix this error

Thank You for any help

5 REPLIES 5
VJR
Super User
Super User

Also check if you have more control over by using this screen

VJR_0-1652067233298.png

This screen can be launched using "Run application" mmsys.cpl

and then record the rest of the steps till you click the "Set default" button.

GDM_Music

yeah, that worked but i also want to make it a toggle script. So, it should set the default to "SRX XB-13" and then if ran again, it should set default the "High Definition Audio Device". 

For that, I need if statements. and also get the name of the audio devices that is set to default in the mmsys.cpl. I have no idea how i am going to do it because i am a complete beginner. So I need your help

Use the Windows recorder and it will give you a lot of readymade actions. Then you need to just modify, or add some new actions. 

Once you are done share some screenshots of your Flow and you will get pointers from the forum members.

GDM_Music

Ok, here's the screenshot:- 

PAD.Designer_JfEHTLP5lX.png

Now, i want to make it a toggle action. so, if i ran it again then it should change output back to the "Headphones"

VJR
Super User
Super User

Create two UI elements - 1 for Headphones and the other for Speakers.

Use the "Extract data from window" action which will give the "Default device" on the third line for both of these UI elements.

Use if conditions to check this value, and if it is not "Default device" for one element then use UI actions to enable the other one.

VJR_0-1652332199849.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,170)