cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djordje_Saric

Identical windows and selectors

Hi,

I work with multiple (6) SAP sessions and have problem with focusing or navigating trough them. My issue is that PA does not distinguish windows and put every selector in that one SAP window. Also, some actions on one session require several seconds. Is there any way to do something else on session while waiting started action or to navigate to other session while waiting ?

Thank you,

Djordje

1 REPLY 1
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

My issue is that PA does not distinguish windows and put every selector in that one SAP window

First, you will have to find some kind of distinction between the sessions.  Commands like, "Get details of window" can help retrieve window titles, handles, or IDs to distinguish between different sessions.

Is there any way to do something else on session while waiting started action or to navigate to other session while waiting ?

Absolutely.  Best use is Labels.  I do this because I download reports that take up to 5 mins and have the PAD go do other things while it waits for the report to download.  So, for my example, I will have 3 sessions that all do the same thing, but half way through is a button I click that takes 3 mins, and I don't want it to wait 3 mins each time for the next step; I would build it like this:

Main

Go to Label - StartSubFlow1

Subflow1

Label - StartSubFlow1

'run through first steps

Go to Label - StartSubFlow2

Label - Return to SubFlow1

'do last steps

Go to Label - Return to SubFlow2

Subflow2

Label - StartSubFlow2

'run through first steps

Go to Label - StartSubFlow3

Label - Return to SubFlow2

'do last steps

Go to Label - Return to SubFlow3

Subflow3

Label - StartSubFlow3

'run through first steps

Go to Label - Return to SubFlow1 #now it's going to go back and finish each session's second part

Label - Return to SubFlow3

'do last steps

StopFlow Successfully

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,668)