cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeeLearnMSFT
Post Patron
Post Patron

If Name does not appear in drop down close window and start loop

Stuck again.  My previous problem was how do I start the loop over when an "IF Image" matches---- to which my answer was Next Loop. Now I have a different problem. In step 17, there are scenarios where the person doesn't exist in the drop down.  In that case I want to close the window, press the X, and then start the loop again.  Here is what I did in this step in the error handling I created a sub flow to close the

I started off with creating a sub flow to close the window and then tag a label in front of the loop.  This causes a problem where it keeps on looping over it self and never goes to the next line in the excel spreadsheet.  My next move was to put it in front of the Next loop action in  front 32 but this wont allow it because I think its inside of an if statement.  So then I created a Next Loop after step 33 but then that messed up the scenraio for when a person does exist in the drop down and wanting the flow to continue with the next series of steps.  I guess I am not sure how to throw an error when no person exists in the drop down, close it and start the loop over. 

Step 17 Error Handling.

VeeLearnMSFT_3-1644069954638.png

Drop Down: Step 17 Drop down field

VeeLearnMSFT_1-1644069679967.png

Loop Process.

VeeLearnMSFT_0-1644069560836.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

On error, go to subflow then continue next action.

in the subflow, Set %Skip% to 1

Back in your main flow after the drop down action, put:

If %Skip% = 1

next

End (If)

at the beginning of your Loop, put:

Set variable %Skip% to 0

this way it will only go to Next if %Skip% is 1 and the loop resets it to 0 before each pass. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

On error, go to subflow then continue next action.

in the subflow, Set %Skip% to 1

Back in your main flow after the drop down action, put:

If %Skip% = 1

next

End (If)

at the beginning of your Loop, put:

Set variable %Skip% to 0

this way it will only go to Next if %Skip% is 1 and the loop resets it to 0 before each pass. 

VeeLearnMSFT
Post Patron
Post Patron

Michael, you are amazing! Thank you for letting me learn so much.  I still have a lot to learn but little by little hopefully I get in much better shape soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,418)