cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momolopu
Helper I
Helper I

Image matching algorithm basic o advanced

In the option mouse and keyboard > move the mouse over an image, in the advanced section there is an option called "image matching algorithm" that by default is set to "basic" if I change it to "advanced" it changes a lot and recognizes much better the images or really there is not much difference?

Thank you very much for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

For 2+ years, I have always used Basic and never had an issue, but here's this:

"In the advanced settings of these actions, you can select which image matching algorithm you want to use. The Basic algorithm achieves better results with images less than 200x200 pixels, while the Advanced algorithm is more effective with bigger images and more robust to color changes.

The Tolerance field defines the acceptable ammount of differences between the provided image and the image is compared with. High tolerance values may affect the precision of image recognition."

Found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/images

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelAnnis
Super User
Super User

For 2+ years, I have always used Basic and never had an issue, but here's this:

"In the advanced settings of these actions, you can select which image matching algorithm you want to use. The Basic algorithm achieves better results with images less than 200x200 pixels, while the Advanced algorithm is more effective with bigger images and more robust to color changes.

The Tolerance field defines the acceptable ammount of differences between the provided image and the image is compared with. High tolerance values may affect the precision of image recognition."

Found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/images

Hope this helps!

ryule
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

In my personal experience, Advanced with a 15 Tolerance has given me the best result, in any scenario.

momolopu
Helper I
Helper I

It is that as it comes as standard it usually fails quite a lot and of course then it spoils the whole automatic process because it is stopped.

Yeah. I also have better luck when I add about a 5 second wait before the image action.

momolopu
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @ryule @MichaelAnnis 

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,444)