cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LetsGoCocoNuts
Frequent Visitor

Infinite loading when starting Power Automate Desktop

Hello, everyone!

Could you please assist me with the following. I have difficulty starting the app.

First, it throws the exception below with correlation id like 1fbd90a7-5610-47c5-9b74-b280805fcc8d ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object"), then there are just infinite loading (see the picture below).

I tried to restart it, update the current version, re-install, nothing helped.

There is no info in the windows event log either.

I use Windows 10 Pro

Message = Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
Error = System.NullReferenceException
Full text = System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.Adapters.UsersConfigurationFileAdapter.ReadConfiguration()
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.Adapters.UsersConfigurationFileAdapter.get_Configuration()
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_Configuration()
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.Queries.GetLayeredUserConfigurationQueryHandler.Handle(GetLayeredUserConfigurationQuery request)
   в MediatR.RequestHandler`2.MediatR.IRequestHandler<TRequest,TResponse>.Handle(TRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   в MediatR.Pipeline.RequestPostProcessorBehavior`2.<Handle>d__2.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
   в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   в MediatR.Pipeline.RequestPreProcessorBehavior`2.<Handle>d__2.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
   в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   в WinAutomation.Console.UI.ViewModel.Settings.General.GeneralTabViewModel.<LoadFormDataAsync>d__87.MoveNext()
   в WinAutomation.Console.UI.ViewModel.Settings.General.GeneralTabViewModel.<OnSigninFlowFinished>d__93.MoveNext()
   в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

2021-03-31_13h12_41.png

6 REPLIES 6
fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Привет! Are you using a personal Microsoft account (live.com) and the latest version 2.6.48.21069? Then you'll need a working OneDrive, where PAD stores your flows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/getting-started-msa

Hello! Yes, I am using the latest version now (free). And a personal account, but PAD seem to work before, without the onedrive. Or am I missing something ?

Does it work now? It shouldn't have worked with a personal account before this feature was launched in March this year.

No, unfortunately it doesn't work for me.
Maybe I misunderstood you, what do you mean under 'personal account' ?

Here is my Full Name displayed on the screenshot below.

Does it mean I have one ?

2021-04-05_09h35_25.png

fraenK
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Personal Microsoft account means you can login to live.com. Can you? Is OneDrive installed and working properly? 

Yes, I can login, and I checked OneDrive works fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,089)