cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LetsGoCocoNuts
Frequent Visitor

Infinite loading when starting Power Automate Desktop

Hello, everyone!

Could you please assist me with the following. I have difficulty starting the app.

First, it throws the exception below with correlation id like 1fbd90a7-5610-47c5-9b74-b280805fcc8d ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object"), then there are just infinite loading (see the picture below).

I tried to restart it, update the current version, re-install, nothing helped.

There is no info in the windows event log either.

I use Windows 10 Pro

Message = Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
Error = System.NullReferenceException
Full text = System.NullReferenceException: Ссылка на объект не указывает на экземпляр объекта.
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.Adapters.UsersConfigurationFileAdapter.ReadConfiguration()
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.Adapters.UsersConfigurationFileAdapter.get_Configuration()
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.get_Configuration()
   в WinAutomation.Console.Application.Configuration.Queries.GetLayeredUserConfigurationQueryHandler.Handle(GetLayeredUserConfigurationQuery request)
   в MediatR.RequestHandler`2.MediatR.IRequestHandler<TRequest,TResponse>.Handle(TRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   в MediatR.Pipeline.RequestPostProcessorBehavior`2.<Handle>d__2.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
   в System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   в MediatR.Pipeline.RequestPreProcessorBehavior`2.<Handle>d__2.MoveNext()
--- Конец трассировка стека из предыдущего расположения, где возникло исключение ---
   в System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   в WinAutomation.Console.UI.ViewModel.Settings.General.GeneralTabViewModel.<LoadFormDataAsync>d__87.MoveNext()
   в WinAutomation.Console.UI.ViewModel.Settings.General.GeneralTabViewModel.<OnSigninFlowFinished>d__93.MoveNext()
   в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

2021-03-31_13h12_41.png

6 REPLIES 6
fraenK
Super User
Super User

Привет! Are you using a personal Microsoft account (live.com) and the latest version 2.6.48.21069? Then you'll need a working OneDrive, where PAD stores your flows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/getting-started-msa

Hello! Yes, I am using the latest version now (free). And a personal account, but PAD seem to work before, without the onedrive. Or am I missing something ?

Does it work now? It shouldn't have worked with a personal account before this feature was launched in March this year.

No, unfortunately it doesn't work for me.
Maybe I misunderstood you, what do you mean under 'personal account' ?

Here is my Full Name displayed on the screenshot below.

Does it mean I have one ?

2021-04-05_09h35_25.png

fraenK
Super User
Super User

Personal Microsoft account means you can login to live.com. Can you? Is OneDrive installed and working properly? 

Yes, I can login, and I checked OneDrive works fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,313)