cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricardor
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to copy/move only the most recent file (Last modified) in a folder using Power Automate Desktop? How can I do it?

Is it possible to copy/move only the most recent file (Last modified) in a folder using Power Automate Desktop? How can I do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You could try this:

1) Use 'Get Files in Folder' with the folder you want to work. In Advanced options, order by 'Last modified'. This will give you a list where the 1st item is the last modified file in the folder ('%Files%' variable).

2) Then use the action 'Copy Files' or 'Move Files' w/ first item of the previous list as parameter - %Files[0]%.
I use PAD in a non-english version, so not sure if I translated the actions' names correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yasunm02
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You could try this:

1) Use 'Get Files in Folder' with the folder you want to work. In Advanced options, order by 'Last modified'. This will give you a list where the 1st item is the last modified file in the folder ('%Files%' variable).

2) Then use the action 'Copy Files' or 'Move Files' w/ first item of the previous list as parameter - %Files[0]%.
I use PAD in a non-english version, so not sure if I translated the actions' names correctly.

View solution in original post

Ty my bro!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,216)