cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JH1

Is it possible to run more than one task parallel?

Hallo!

I have an automatization task in MS Power Automate Desktop, which works witch MS Access (read emails, moves and click with the mouse, and send an emails). It works great and save me lot of time with. It runs on separate laptop which is actually used only for this automation task.

At my workstation I use another MS Power Automate Desktop task, which work with Adobe Acrobat. It works also great but when it runs, I can not use this workstation (automatization task also work with mouse positioning and so).

My idea is run both these automatization tasks on my separate laptop.

My idea is run these automatization tasks in separate User accounts.

One user account for MS Access task, second user account for Adobe Acrobat task.

Is there any way how to do it?

I did try to lock my user account (Win+L) on the laptop but it seems that after locking it, the task does not run any more. When the user account is active, and I just close the laptop without going to sleep (only with the screen turned off), than it runs propertly.

1 REPLY 1
Gematria
Frequent Visitor

Normal Windows doesn't support more than 1 active session at a time. You would need to use Windows Server to support more than 1 active session, and then you could achieve what you are looking for here. That being said, the correct way to do this would probably be to get a premium license and run unattended flows on the laptop. Then you could schedule the flows as needed, and limit all your use to one device and one user.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,810)