cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
testthirdware
Helper II
Helper II

Is there a way to import Winautomation(*.waj) process files in to Power Automate desktop

Hi, We have a process developed in Winautomation already and we also have a backup of that process in the form of *.waj file. Is there a way to import the backup file from winautomation in to Power Automate Desktop , since all these features are there now in Power automate desktop. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

As far as I know from the roadmap of planned features, this is planned for March 2021.

Thanks MichaelBoruta.

Is there anywhere we can track the list upcoming features of power automate somewhere. Also is there any where to we can see the roadmap of planned features in future.

Kindly let me know.

Regards

MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thanks MichaelBoruta

I do not understand this at all.  This functionality should have existed on release.  Power Automate desktop is clearly a reskinned version of Winautomation.  The code was there already.  MS acquiring Softomotive has been a giant pain in the butt. 

MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

@Sean_Martin you can still keep working with WinAutomation under the same PAD license. Import will come in Q1. So, currently the acquisition does not change a thing.

The only bummer for me is that PAD cannot autologin to Windows, because I do not desire to pay $150 per month for a functionality that was with WinAutomation under basic license.

Sean_Martin
Regular Visitor

So here we are almost at the end of April and this feature is still not implemented.  Since PAD is now free can we make WA free?  I have a pile of WAJ files that I cannot use because of this is ridiculousness.

When will be able to import WAJ files into PAD?

Sean_Martin
Regular Visitor

Thank you for pointing me to the migrator.

The discovery that custom dialogs are not migrated pretty much breaks every process I need to import.

The acquisition of Softomotive my MS has been a giant pain in my butt. 

gyurisren

I think they will never do this. It seems this is way difficult for them to solve this.

csbeck

Looks like MS bought Softomotive just to eliminate the competition.  Very disappointing because WA was a very powerful (and quite wonderful) tool.  So now we start the painstaking task of trying to figure out a new system.    Previously retooling a task would take minutes, and now is going to take days or weeks.  Ugh.

did you solve your issue?

PA has gotten less buggy, but still a little clunky and slow.  We could never use the import tool because it appears the import tool requires both old WA and new PA be installed on same server.  For us, WA was on Windows server 2012, and PA is on  2019 (Microsoft requirement).  Microsoft did provide us a license so that we could at least get into WA to view the existing job logic.  However, the license doesn't work.  I haven't bothered to take it up with them.  I've just moved on with PA--learning as I go.

drnorbert
Regular Visitor

Did you find the solution importing process from WA to PA?

drnorbert
Regular Visitor

Sorry I asked you twice a similar question twice. My issue is that the process designed in WA 8.0 worked for many years until IE changed to Microsoft Edge now I need to upgrade WA to PA probably to make it work. Prior to purchasing PA which seems to be an upgrade version of WA 9.0??? I would like to find out if the import tool is working properly. 

Hello drnorbert!

‎Aqui você pode encontrar um software da Microsoft para migrar:‎

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/softomotive-migrator

‎Para mim funcionou bem.‎

I don't remember which version of WA I used, but I remember it was in the beginning of PA. It's been over a year now, but I remember the migration worked great for my flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,836)