cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ele2
Helper I
Helper I

Issue extracting data using live web helper

I've been trying to extract element values using the live web helper and it does work for some of it: 

But when I try to set the elements for the actual contents it just puts all the details together as one single value

Why is this? How do I change it?

4 REPLIES 4
VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @ele2 

You can extract one element at a time and set contents of each element.

ele2
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @VJR, I don't quite understand what you mean. The problem is that PAD isn't letting me extract one element at a time - it's taking all the data together and extracting it as a one value. It lets me extract the for the headings (in bold) as separate values, but not the writing underneath, if that makes sense.  

Okay, I now better understand your situation.

Looks like a web application. So some options to try:

- Try hovering your mouse to another location on the screen and see if you get the red border over an element.

Sometimes this happens.

- Secondly, are you able to go to its html code (right click -> Inspect element) and see how the tags are written?

- Also try javascript on webpage if you are able to get the id from the html tags.

- See if you can make use of Wait for text on screen.

ele2
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for the reply @VJR

Unfortunately the red borders don't hover over those sections. 

Do you know where I can get the id for the tags? I can't see it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,875)