cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charles_ross_oh
Advocate I
Advocate I

License scope: Power Automate Per-user plan with attended RPA

After reading lots of licensing documents I'd like to just triple-check what this particular license allows a user to do. Needless to say the licensing messages are confusing because of the different names used for the products in different documents. As best as I can tell, "Power Automate Attended RPA" is the same as the former Softmotive WinAutomation app now known (August 2021) as "Power Automate Desktop", aka PAD. Right?

Please confirm or correct my theory:

My license is bound to my Windows account and entitles my Windows account to run up to 5000 Power Automate requests/calls every 24 hours, regardless of Machine or Environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @charles_ross_oh 

The Per User plan with Attended RPA is machine or environment independent. You can use the same user on Test and Prod environments, for example.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

@charles_ross_oh Per User plan with Attended RPA lets you create Cloud and Desktop Flows, gives you access to premium connectors and ability to share flows with other licensed users. On top it gives you 5000 AI Builder credits per month.

It covers functionality of WinAutomation (without Unattended automation)

One additional clarification to what @MichaelBoruta said.  Per User plan with Attended RPA lets you create Cloud and Attended Desktop Flows.  It also lets you invoke the Desktop Flows from a Cloud Flow.  You will need additional licensing to run Unattended desktop flows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
MichaelBoruta
Resolver II
Resolver II

...and with some creativity call Cloud Flows from Desktop Flows 😉

charles_ross_oh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cool! The crux of my question is - on multiple Machines and Environments? 

Hi @charles_ross_oh 

The Per User plan with Attended RPA is machine or environment independent. You can use the same user on Test and Prod environments, for example.

Multiple Environments yes.  Multiple machines as long as you are logged in to PA Desktop on them. But I suspect what you are describing by multiple machines is "Unattended" RPA, which requires additional licensing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Yep, exactly my example in mind.

charles_ross_oh
Advocate I
Advocate I

Attended is all I am looking at now - thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,899)