cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awadheshyona
Regular Visitor

Loop through multiple links on web page and get details

Hi All,

I am new to PowerAutomate Desktop and I want to know how can I achieve this.

1. Open web browser(chrome) and paste a URL.

2. This URL has multiple links which open in a different page if clicked.

3. Click link and extract some information from each clicked link.

I am able to do all of the above process with suggestions provided by @Highboy , however only for one of the first link(or any link) on that URL. I want to repeat this process for all links available on that URL and grab all information. I tried Web recorder also but it does not go back to the URL and opens second link and so on. I tried adding it one by one and it works however number of links on the URL(web page) will keep on changing daily.

Please suggest. Let me know if you need further details.

@Highboy  Can you please help.

Regards,

Awadhesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highboy
Super User
Super User

I am not sure i understand what you are trying to do.
Could you attach a screenshot of the webpage you are working with?

But this could work

Highboy_0-1635421958676.png

Use "Extract data from web page" to extract all the links, and loop throuh all of them - no need to go back to first page.

Highboy_1-1635422171295.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highboy
Super User
Super User

I am not sure i understand what you are trying to do.
Could you attach a screenshot of the webpage you are working with?

But this could work

Highboy_0-1635421958676.png

Use "Extract data from web page" to extract all the links, and loop throuh all of them - no need to go back to first page.

Highboy_1-1635422171295.png

That is really helpful @Highboy  This is what I was trying to achieve and it worked. Thanks once again.

BzshBzsh

Hi, @awadheshyona @Highboy 

I am trying to do the same thing or at least something very similar. I have a web page with 116 links on it. Each link takes me to a contact page where I need the Name, Phone, Fax and Address. I would like all the results to show up in 1 excel sheet with 116 rows. Using the example, I was able to save the links, have the webpage load and have the first link spit out the right data, then it loops, opens the next link but spits out a blank excel document. What am I missing? Also, I'm not sure if this matters but some of the links don't have a fax number.

BzshBzsh

I got it figured out!

I needed to save my extracted data as a variable and then use that variable to write it to an excel sheet.

Here is what my loop looks like.

RCMP Loop Flow.png

mhenderson95

Would you be able to post a screenshot of the entire flow you put together? I am trying to do something very similar and keep hitting a wall!

You may not need all the excel steps and you could simply launch excel before your loop starts. I have mine set up to copy the current data from sheet 1, paste it into sheet 2, erase the data from sheet 1 and then paste the new information into sheet 1. I then have conditional formatting set in my excel to check for differences between the 2 sheets. This may not be the best way to have it set up but it seems to work for me. Hopefully you have luck too.

RCMP Flow.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,727)